Chemistry - MS
Graduate Program Application Application Information
Graduate Program - Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Program Website - http://life.umt.edu/grad/name/chemistry
NOTE - BEFORE APPLYING, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED APPLICANTS REVIEW THE "Admission Section" OF THIS SITE FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS.
Degree/Major - MS/Chemistry
Admission Semester(s) and Application Deadline(s):
- Fall - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by February 15. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space available basis
- Spring - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by September 15. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space available basis.
Deadline(s) if also Applying for Assistantship:
- To be considered for an assistantship, it is recommended that your complete application packet must be postmarked by February 15 (Fall) and September 15 (Spring).
- A minimum cumulative score of 1000 on the verbal and quantitative portions, and a minimum of 3.5 on the analytical writing portion of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- The department prefers GRE scores that are no more than two years old
- The TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB are also required of international applicants
- All official test scores must be sent to the UM Graduate School.
The following "Additional Application Materials" must be mailed directly to the department (address below):
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (We prefer electronic submission through the Admission Application. If electronic method is used there is no need to send paper copies to the department.)
- A statement of purpose (100-300 words) of your background and goals including which professors' research most interests you.
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
The University of Montana
Chemistry Building - Room 115
32 Campus Drive #1656
Missoula, MT 59812-1656