Forestry - Ph.D.
Graduate Program Application Information
Graduate Program - College of Forestry and Conservation
Program Website - http://life.umt.edu/grad/name/forestry
Degree Website - http://www.cfc.umt.edu/Grad/Degrees/PhD_Forestry.php
NOTE - BEFORE APPLYING, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED APPLICANTS REVIEW THE "Admission Section" OF THIS SITE FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS.
Degree/Major - PhD/Forestry
Admission Semester(s) and Application Deadline(s):
- Fall - Deadline for all application materials is January 31. Application packets received after this date will only be reviewed if prior arrangements have been made with a faculty member.
- Spring - Deadline for all application materials is August 31. Application packets received after this date will only be reviewed if prior arrangements have been made with a faculty member.
- Check with the department chairs for availability and deadlines for applying.
- GRE minimum scores of 148 Quantitative, 153 Verbal and 4.0 Analytical for tests taken after 8/01/2011. (Minimum scores for tests taken prior to 8/01/2011 are 600 Quantitative, 500 Verbal and 4.0 Analytical.)
- GRE scores with a test date that is within the past five years OR verifiable GRE scores if the test date is over five years old
- The TOEFL is also required of international applicants unless their undergraduate degree was obtained from an English-speaking university.
- All official test scores must be sent to the UM Graduate School.
The following "Additional Application Materials" must be mailed directly to the department:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. (We prefer electronic submission through the Admission Application. If electronic method is used there is no need to send paper copies to the department.)
- Statement of specific interest in pursuing a graduate education at The University of Montana, outlining your area of desired specialization and any faculty members previously contacted regarding graduate study opportunities.
We prefer that all application materials be submitted electronically, including transcripts IF the undergraduate university offers official electronic transcripts. These materials can be submitted to email@example.com.
If the undergraduate university does not offer official electronic transcripts, those can be mailed to:
College of Forestry and Conservation
The University of Montana
Attn: Graduate Applications
32 Campus Drive #0576
Missoula, MT 59812-0576