General Linguistics - MA
Graduate Program Application Information
Graduate Program - Linguistics
Program Website - http://life.umt.edu/grad/name/linguistics
NOTE - BEFORE APPLYING, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED APPLICANTS REVIEW THE "Admission Section" OF THIS SITE FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS.
Degree/Major/Option - MA/Linguistics/General
Admission Semester(s) and Application Deadline(s):
Fall semester only - April 1
Deadline(s) if also Applying for Assistantship:
- Complete application packet must be received by February 15 for fall semester award
- GRE-scores not more than 5 years old
- The TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB are also required of international applicants
- All official test scores must be sent to the UM Graduate School
The following "Additional Application Materials" must be mailed directly to the department (address below):
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (We prefer electronic submission through the Admission Application. If electronic method is used there is no need to send paper copies to the department.)
- A one-to-two page answer to the question, Why do I want to be(come) a linguist? Your response should include your educational background, qualifications for studying linguistics at the graduate level, and plans for using an advanced degree in your career.
- A résumé describing the schools where you have studied, the degrees you have earned, the honors you have received (if any), the language(s) you speak (with degree of competence), and the jobs you have held.
The University of Montana
Social Science 208
32 Campus Drive #5328
Missoula, MT 59812-5328