Inequality and Social Justice - MA
Graduate Program Application Information
Graduate Program - Sociology
Program Website - http://life.umt.edu/grad/name/sociology
NOTE - BEFORE APPLYING, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED APPLICANTS REVIEW THE "Admission Section" OF THIS SITE FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS.
Degree/Major/Option - MA/Sociology/Inequality and Social Justice
Admission Semester(s) and Application Deadline(s):
- Fall - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by February 15. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space available basis.
- Spring - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by November 15. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space available basis.
Deadline(s) if also Applying for Assistantship:
- Complete application packet must be postmarked by February 15
- GRE-1000 minimum verbal and quantitative combined, minimum 4.0 analytical writing, scores not more than 5 years old
- The TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB are also required of international applicants and can substitute for the GRE
- All official test scores must be sent to the UM Graduate School
The following "Additional Application Materials" must be mailed directly to the department (address below):
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (We prefer electronic submission through the Admission Application. If electronic method is used there is no need to send paper copies to the department.)
- A personal statement clearly outlining your academic objectives
- A writing sample exemplifying good grammar, sentence structure, organization and content (term paper or professional article)
The University of Montana
Social Science Building, Room 333
32 Campus Drive #5184
Missoula, MT 59812-5184