Mathematics - MA
Graduate Program Application Information
Graduate Program - Mathematical Sciences
Program Website - http://life.umt.edu/grad/name/mathematical
NOTE - BEFORE APPLYING, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED APPLICANTS REVIEW THE "Admission Section" OF THIS SITE FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS.
Degree/Major - MA/Mathematics
Admission Semester(s) and Application Deadline(s):
- Fall - Complete application packet received prior to start of semester.
- Spring - Complete application packet received prior to start of semester.
Deadline(s) if also Applying for Assistantship:
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis; review of applications for Teaching Assistantships will start February 1 and continue until all positions have been filled; applicants are strongly encouraged to complete their applications by February 1.
- GRE scores with a test date that is within the past five years OR verifiable GRE scores if the test date is over five years old
- Applicants are encouraged to also take subject test in math
- The TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB are also required of international applicants and can substitute for the GRE
- All official test scores must be sent to the UM Graduate School
The following "Additional Application Materials" must be mailed directly to the department (address below):
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (We prefer electronic submission through the Admission Application. If electronic method is used there is no need to send paper copies to the department.)
- Statement of purpose (100-300 words) of your background and goals
- Content descriptions of all college-level mathematics courses completed
Mathematical Sciences Department
The University of Montana
Mathematics Building, Rooms 105
32 Campus Drive #0864
Missoula, MT 59812-0864