Philosophy - MA
Graduate Program Application Information
Graduate Program - Philosophy
Program Website - http://life.umt.edu/grad/name/philosophy
NOTE - BEFORE APPLYING, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED APPLICANTS REVIEW THE "Admission Section" OF THIS SITE FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS.
Degree/Major - MA/Philosophy
Admission Semester(s) and Application Deadline(s):
- Fall - Complete application packets must be received by February 1.
Deadline(s) if also Applying for Assistantship:
- Complete application packet must be received by February 1.
- GRE scores with a test date that is within the past five years OR verifiable GRE scores if the test is over five years old.
- The TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB are required of international applicants and can substitute for the GRE.
- All official test scores must be sent to the UM Graduate School.
The following "Additional Application Materials" must be mailed directly to the department (address below):
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- A Statement of Purpose (100-300 words) describing background, research interests, professional goals, and reasons for choosing the Department of Philosophy at the University of Montana. Applicants should specify in the statement of purpose which degree track is requested (M.A. in Environmental Philosophy or M.A. in Philosophy).
- A writing sample that demonstrates the applicant's philosophical abilities.
- Three letters of recommendation. (We prefer electronic submission through the Admission Application. If electronic method is used there is no need to send paper copies to the department.)
Department of Philosophy
The University of Montana
Liberal Arts Building, Room 101
32 Campus Drive #5780
Missoula, MT 59812-5780