Social Work - MSW
Graduate Program Application Information
Graduate Program - Social Work
Program Website - http://life.umt.edu/grad/name/socialwork
NOTE - BEFORE APPLYING, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED APPLICANTS REVIEW THE "Admission Section" OF THIS SITE FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS.
Degree/Major - MSW/Social Work
Admission Semester(s) and Application Deadline(s):
- Fall - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by February 15. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered only on a space available basis.
- Check with the program for availability and deadlines for applying
- The School of Social Work accepts GRE scores with a test date that is within the past five years, or verifiable GRE scores if the test date is over five years old
- The TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB are also required of international applicants
- All official test scores must be sent to the UM Graduate School
The following "Additional Application Materials" must be mailed directly to the school (address below):
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- The three letters of recommendation (recommendation forms and letters) completed and submitted by persons outside the applicant's extended family who have direct knowledge of the applicant's character and abilities. One recommendation should be academic. (We prefer electronic submission through the Admission Application. If electronic method is used there is no need to send paper copies to the department.)
- A current resume that includes: Education, Paid Experience, Volunteer Experience and Community Involvement, and Activities
- Formulate a response to both of the following essay questions. Your response should be 3-4 pages typed, double-spaced pages (12 pt font), for each essay. Pleasenumber the pages and have your name on each page.
- Having read the mission of the UM-MSW program, how are your career goals consistent with the mission?
- Describe a social problem that is of interest to you and describe the contribution you plan to make toward the resolution of the problem
School of Social Work
The University of Montana
Jeannette Rankin Hall, Room 004
32 Campus Drive #4392
Missoula, MT 59812-4392