Theatre - MA
Graduate Program Application Information
Graduate Program - Theatre (MA)
NOTE - BEFORE APPLYING, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED APPLICANTS REVIEW THE "Admission Section" OF THIS SITE FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS.
Degree/Major/Option - MA/THTR
Admission Semester(s) and Application Deadline(s):
- Fall - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by January 31. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space-available basis.
- A number of teaching and production scholarships and teaching assistantships are available to qualified applicants who have been admitted to the graduate program. These are awarded annually on a competitive basis and are renewable depending on the candidate's progress and job performance and the instruction needs of the program. All applicants are considered for these awards. Students need not apply under separate cover. Teaching assistants are required to register for nine credits each semester.
The following "Additional Application Materials" must be mailed directly to the School (address below):
- Letter of intent indicating specialty, objectives, strengths, etc
- Complete resume
- Writing sample, preferably a research paper or critical analysis, of at least 10 pages
- Three (3) current letters of recommendation (We prefer electronic submission through the Admission Application. If electronic method is used there is no need to send paper copies to the department.)
- Official transcripts indicating conferral of bachelor’s degree (in-progress transcripts can be unofficial)
School of Theatre & Dance
ATTN: Grad Applications
The University of Montana
32 Campus Drive #8136
Missoula, MT 59812