Wildlife Biology - MS
Graduate Program Application Information
Graduate Program - Wildlife Biology
Program Website - http://life.umt.edu/grad/name/wildlifebiology
NOTE - BEFORE APPLYING, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED APPLICANTS REVIEW THE "Admission Section" OF THIS SITE FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS.
Degree/Major - MS/Wildlife Biology
Admission Semester(s) and Application Deadline(s):
- Fall - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by January 15. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space available basis.
- Spring - Complete application packets received for spring semesters will be considered on a space available basis. (Historically, approximately 95% of accepted graduate students have applied by the January 15th deadline for fall semester admission).
- Check with the program for availability and deadlines for applying.
- Greater than 50th percentile in each GRE-verbal, quantitative, analytical is recommended.
- GRE scores with a test date that is within the past five years OR verifiable GRE scores if the test date is over five years.
- The TOEFL or IELTS are required of international applicants. The GRE is required of international applicants.
- All official test scores must be sent to the UM Graduate School.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation – letters can also be submitted through the on-line application process. (We prefer electronic submission through the Admission Application. If electronic method is used there is no need to send paper copies to the department.)
- Statement of purpose (1-2 pages) of your background and goals.
- Resume – if your resume is submitted with your on-line application, please do not send an additional copy with your other materials.
- A summary sheet (available at wildlife biology website) of courses taken.
Additional Application Materials must be mailed directly to the department (address below):
Wildlife Biology Program
The University of Montana
Forestry Building, Room 311C
32 Campus Drive #0596
Missoula, MT 59812-0596