Health and Human Performance: Athletic Training Education Program (ATP)
Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Athletic Training is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (http://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report GRE scores.
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- 3 Letters of recommendations.
- Upload a statement of purpose.
- Upload Application Essay (3 page maximum), which should address the following key points:
- Reasons for desiring this professional career.
- Career goals.
- Attributes that you possess that will make you successful in life and as an athletic trainer.
- Upload resume.
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Additional application must be mailed directly to the Health & Human Preformance Department.
- Complete the application form http://coehs.umt.edu/umat/docs/Instructions%20for%20Application
- Request official GRE scores. GRE scores can be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489.
- Transcript(s) and course work verification. Obtain a current official copy of all college course work.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Health & Human Preformance from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Documentation of 75 hours of observation under a Certified/Licensed Athletic Trainer.
- Complete athletic training modules located in the professional handbook.
- Summer Session: The electronic application must be completed and the entire additional application packet must be submitted to the Administrative Associate in the HHP main office, McGill Hall 101, by 5:00 P.M on February 15th.
|Health and Human Performance
32 Campus Drive
McGill Hall 101
Missoula, MT 59812-4536
Fax: (406) 243-6252
For more information contact:
Valerie Moody, PhD, ATC, LAT, CSCS, WEMT-B
Co-Program Director Athletic Training Program
Scott Richter, MEd, ATC, LAT
Co-Program Dirctor Athletic Training Program