|Geography (Cartography and GIS Option)||M.S.||Program Description|
|Geography (Community and Environmental Planning Option)||M.S.||Program Description|
Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Geography is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report GRE scores
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- 3 Letters of recommendation.
- Upload a letter of intent (maximum 1000 words) explaining your objectives in graduate studies and why you wish to pursue those studies in the Department of Geography at the University of Montana.
- Upload resume.
- Pay the application fee.
- If you wish to be considered for a teaching assistantship, check the appropriate box on the online application and send directly to the Department of Geography a written statement of interest and qualifications concerning the teaching assistantship (maximum 350 words).
- Second: Request Official Scores and Transcripts:
- Request that official GRE scores be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Geography from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana - unofficial transcripts can be accepted) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Fall Semester - Complete applications must be received in CollegeNet by March 1. Complete application packets received after this date will be reviewed only on a space available basis.
Stone Hall 208
Federal Express Delivery - Street Address
32 Campus Drive #5040
Missoula, MT 59812-5040
Fax: (406) 243-4840
Christiane von Reichert
Graduate Program Director
Sarah J. Halvorson
Office: Stone Hall 211