Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Geosciences is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report GRE scores
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average)
- 3 Letters of recommendations.
- Upload a statement of purpose (300 words) describing your background and future goals.
- Form A (available from the Geosciences Department) or at this web address: http://www.cas.umt.edu/geosciences//graduate/apply.php
- Upload resume
- Pay the application fee.
- The Statement of purpose and Form A can be uploaded as one combined document on the Graduate School online application site section entitled “Resume Upload”. Make sure you have all both the statement and Form A combined into one document. These can also be sent directly to the Department.
- Second: Request Official Scores and Transcripts:
- Request that official GRE scores be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Geosciences from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Fall Semester -must be postmarked by January 17.
- Spring Semester-applications are accepted on space available, please contact the department directly before applying.
Charles H. Clapp Building, Room 311
Federal Express Delivery
Geosciences Department-Graduate Applications
The University of Montana
32 Campus Drive #1296
Missoula, MT 59812-1296.
Fax: (406) 243-4028
Department of Geosciences
University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812