Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Linguistics is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report GRE scores.
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation.
- Upload a 1-2 page statement explaining why you want to pursue an MA degree in Linguistics at the University of Montana, your qualifications for studying linguistics at the graduate level, and your future career goals.
- Upload CV
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Request Official Scores and Transcripts:
- Request that official GRE scores be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Linguistics Program from all colleges and universities you have attended (University of Montana students, send unofficial transcripts). Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Applications are accepted for Fall admission only.
- Fall semester - In order to be considered for a Teaching Assistantship, the deadline for receipt of application materials is February 1.
- Fall semester - In order to be considered for admission only, the deadline for receipt of application materials is March 15. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space available basis.
Social Science 203
Mizuki Miyashita-DirectorFederal Express Delivery - Street Address
The University of Montana
Social Science Building
32 Campus Drive
Missoula, MT 59812-5112
Fax: (406) 243-4918