Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Linguistics is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report GRE scores.
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- 3 Letters of recommendations.
- Upload a 1-2 page personal statement explaining why you want to pursue an MA degree in Linguistics at the University of Montana, your qualifications for studying linguistics at the graduate level, and your future career goals.
- Upload resume
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Request Official Scores and Transcripts:
- Request that official GRE scores be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Linguistics Program from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Fall semester - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by April 1st. In order to be considered for a
- Fall semester - an application file must be complete by February 15th.
Social Science 208
Irene Appelbaum - DirectorFederal Express Delivery - Street Address
The University of Montana
Social Science Building
32 Campus Drive
Missoula, MT 59812-5112
Fax: (406) 243-4918