|Mathematics (Mathematics Education Option)||M.A.||Program Description|
|Mathematics (College Teaching and General Practitioner Option)||Ph.D.||Program Description|
|Mathematics (Traditional Mathematics Research Option)||Ph.D.||Program Description|
|Teaching Middle School Mathematics||M.A.||Program Description|
Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Mathematics is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application. As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report GRE scores (not required for Teaching Middle Math program).
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- 3 Letters of recommendation.
- Upload a personal statement of objectives.
- Upload content descriptions of all college-level mathematics courses completed.
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Additional application must be sent directly to the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
- Request that official GRE scores be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Mathematical Sciences (address below) from all colleges and universities you have attended (University of Montana may be unofficial) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- In addition to the above requirements, applicants are encouraged to submit other evidence indicating the ability to pursue an advanced degree in mathematics (such as the GRE subject test in mathematics).
- Fall semester - Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete their applications by January 15th. Applications received after this date will be considered on a space available basis. Teaching assistantships will start being filled by applications received by January 15th and continue until all positions have been filled.
- Spring semester - Rolling admissions
- Summer session - Rolling admissions
Mathematics Building 102
Mailing AddressGraduate Program
Department of Mathematical Sciences
The University of Montana
32 Campus Drive
Missoula, MT 59812-0864
Fax: (406) 243-2674
Associate Chair - Graduate Program
Mathematics Building 105
406 243 5312