|Media Arts||M.F.A.||Program Description|
Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in the School of Media Arts is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report GRE scores (not required).
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average)
- 3 Letters of recommendation.
- Upload a resume listing your artistic journey as well as the other jobs and professional interactions that have made up your work profile to this point.
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Additional application must be sent directly to the School of Media Arts.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the School of Media Arts from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.A portfolio, with examples of your work, viewable online, is subject to the following stipulations
- Written work should total no more than 10 pages
- Installation documentation, photography and other still image work of no more than 20 images
- Time-based narrative or experimental film and video should contain examples totaling no more than 10 minutes
- Please include a brief description of the works each area under which you are submitting, including date of creation, size of actual images works if they are of non-digital, production role for work if collaborative, and titles of individual works when applicable.
- Fall Semester - The MFA in Media Arts accepts applications for a new cohort in the Autumn of each academic year. Application review begins December 1st of the preceding year with priority consideration given those who submit full applications from then until January 31st, after which, acceptances will continue on a rolling basis contingent on availability of positions in the upcoming class. All enrollment is closed on August 1st.
- Spring Semester - Please contact the department before applying for Spring Semester, because space may not be available.
McGill Hall, Room 224
Federal Express Delivery
MEDIA ARTS ADMISSIONS-DFM
McGill Hall 224
32 Campus Drive #4608
The University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812
Fax: (406) 243-4544
Director, School of Media Arts
Head, Graduate Program - Digital Filmmaking
Michael R. Murphy
Head, Graduate Program-Integrated Digital Media