Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures
Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report GRE scores (international students :The TOEFL exam can substitute for the GRE)
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- 3 Letters of recommendations.
- Upload a letter of intent in the foreign language.
- Upload a writing sample in the foreign language such as an academic paper, corrected by a professor.
- Upload a writing sample in English.
- Upload resume
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Request Official Scores and Transcripts:
- Request that official GRE scores be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
Note: admission requirements may vary from program to program.
- Fall Semester - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by January 15. ( Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space available basis.
- For German language: The application deadline is March 1 (postmarked) for fall semester or later with departmental permission. Applications received after this deadline will be evaluated on a space available basis.
|Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures
Liberal Arts Building, Room 313
Federal Express Delivery - Street Address
32 Campus Drive #6192
Missoula, MT 59812-6192
Dr. Linda Gillison
Graduate Program Directors
Dr. Marton Marko (German)
Dr. Benedicte Boisseron (French)
Dr. Clary Loisel (Spanish)
Program information last updated 12/09