|Theatre (Acting)||MFA||Program Description|
|Theatre (Design/Technology)||MFA||Program Description|
|Theatre (Directing)||MFA||Program Description|
Applications are accepted as follows:
- MA Theatre: typically every year; 2014-2015 for entry Fall 2015
- MFA Theatre (Acting): every three years; 2014-2015 for entry Fall 2015
- MFA Theatre (Design/Technology) : every year
- MFA Theatre (Directing): every three years; 2014-2015 for entry Fall 2015
Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Theatre is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- Have three current letters of recommendation uploaded by recommender.
- Upload a letter of intent clearly stating goals, objectives, and specialty.
- Upload resume.
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Additional application materials must be sent directly to the School of Theatre & Dance.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the School of Theatre & Dance from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana - unofficial transcript from UM accepted) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Additional materials for each specialization as follows:
- MA Theatre: Writing sample of at least 10 pages, preferably a research paper or critical analysis
- MFA Theatre (Acting): Current headshot/resume
- MFA Theatre (Design/Technology): Design portfolio - digital, website, or physical versions accepted
- MFA Theatre (Directing): Statement of Directing Philosophy and production notebook
- Fall Semester
- For full consideration for the MA and MFAs in Acting or Directing, applications must be complete by December 1, 2014.
- For full consideration for the MFAs in Design/Technology, applications must be complete by March 1, 2015.
- Complete application packets received after these dates will be considered on a space-available basis.
Performing Arts and Radio/Television Center, Room 196
32 Campus Drive
Mail Stop 8136
Missoula, MT 59812
Fax: (406) 243-5726
Graduate Program Coordinators
Jillian Campana, Acting/Directing
Alessia Carpoca, Design/Technology