|Theatre (Acting)||MFA||Program Description|
|Theatre (Design/Technology)||MFA||Program Description|
|Theatre (Directing)||MFA||Program Description|
Applications are accepted as follows:
- MA Theatre: typically every three years; 2017-2018 for entry Fall 2018
- MFA Theatre (Acting): every three years; 2017-2018 for entry Fall 2018
- MFA Theatre (Design/Technology) : every year
- MFA Theatre (Directing): every three years; 2017-2018 for entry Fall 2018
Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Theatre is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- Have three current letters of recommendation uploaded by recommender.
- Upload a letter of intent clearly stating goals, objectives, and specialty.
- Upload resume.
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Additional application materials must be sent directly to the School of Theatre & Dance.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the School of Theatre & Dance from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana - unofficial transcript from UM accepted). Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Additional materials for each specialization as follows:
- MA Theatre: Writing sample of at least 10 pages, preferably a research paper or critical analysis
- MFA Theatre (Acting): Current headshot/resume
- MFA Theatre (Design/Technology): Design portfolio - digital, website, or physical versions accepted
- MFA Theatre (Directing): Statement of Directing Philosophy and production notebook
- Fall Semester
- Applications for the MA and MFA in Acting or Directing are open for Fall 2018 matriculation. For full consideration for the MA and MFAs in Acting or Directing, applications must be complete by February 1, 2018.
- For full consideration for the MFAs in Design/Technology, applications must be complete by March 1, 2018.
- Complete application packets received after these dates will be considered on a space-available basis.
Performing Arts and Radio/Television Center, Room 196
32 Campus Drive
Mail Stop 8136
Missoula, MT 59812
Graduate Program Coordinators
John Kenneth DeBoer, Performance & Practice
Alessia Carpoca, Design & Technology