Applications are accepted as follows:
- MA Theatre: every year
- MFA Theatre (Acting): every three years; 2014-2015 for entry Fall 2015
- MFA Theatre (Design/Technology) : every year
- MFA Theatre (Directing): every three years; 2014-2015 for entry Fall 2015
Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Theatre is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- 3 Letters of recommendations.
- Upload a letter of intent showing a clear goal.
- Upload resume
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Additional application must be sent directly to the School of Theatre & Dance.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the School of Theatre & Dance from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- A portfolio, we accept portfolios mailed to us, digital portfolios emailed to us and we even accept website portfolios.
Theatre & Dance website
- There is no Admission Deadline.
- In order to apply for a TA, the School of Theatre & Dance try to close those applications in March. However, they can be open much later if not filled or in the case of an unexpected opening.
Performing Arts and Radio/Television Center, Room 196
32 Campus Drive
Mail Stop 8136
Missoula, MT 59812
Fax: (406) 243-5726
Graduate Program Coordinators
Jillian Campana, Acting/Directing
Alessia Carpoca, Design/Technology