The Griz Card Center is located on the 1st floor of the University Center.
Griz Card Customer Service Specialist
The Customer Service Specialist is a student staff member who provides top-notch customer service in the Griz Card Center. Specialists create and troubleshoot Griz Cards, process UMoney deposits, promote the Griz Card and UMoney program, and serve as a resource for Griz Card and campus information. Specialists support full time staff to maintain a clean and organized office and assist with projects and tasks as assigned.
This position varies in hours per week and the starting pay rate is $8.50.
Griz Card Center Application Process
Please complete the Customer Service Specialist Job Application. Please be prepared to provide your class schedule for the Summer and/or Fall Semester. Applicants will be reviewed as submitted. The position(s) will be available until filled.
Customer Service Candidates will be interviewed as needed to fill the position(s). Customer Services Specialist candidates will be notified of our decision once the hiring process is complete.
Manager and Administrative Associate of the Griz Card Center.
- Process Griz Cards
- Take photos
- Review and approve photo submissions
- Handle cash and balance cash drawers
- Provide excellent customer service, and enjoy doing it
- Process UMoney deposits
- Resolve customer inquiries in person, via email, or over the phone
- Answer telephones
- Troubleshoot cardholder and equipment problems
- Utilize three different software systems (Banner, IDWorks, and Blackboard)
- Work on other duties as assigned (filing, errands, etc.)
- Attend and participate in mandatory staff meetings
- Exhibit ease and comfort using a computer and software. Familiarity with wikis and Microsoft Office Suite is a plus.
- Ability to adhere to strict rules of confidentiality in accordance with Griz Card and FERPA policies.
- Ability to process transactions, balance a cash drawer, and troubleshoot to determine the cause of an imbalance in order to take the appropriate corrective action.
- Ability to use office phones to transfer calls, enable all forwarding, put/pickup calls on hold.
- Use effective written communication to convey information via email, notes, or documentation.
- 2.25 GPA
- Ability to work variable hours throughout the week in between classes (Griz Card Center is open from 8:30am-4:30pm during the academic year, with varying hours during breaks and orientations). Ability to work throughout the summer M-F (in between classess if enrolled for Summer Semester.)
- Be a registered student
- Ability to work during winter and fall orientations
- Possess a general level of maturity and judgment
If you have any questions about the application or hiring process, please contact Maggie McCarthy, Griz Card Center Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (406) 243-4752.