Celebrate Food Literacy Month with UM
Throughout the month of March, University Dining Services will showcase an array of films, special meals and lectures at The University of Montana to celebrate Food Literacy Month.
The following films will be shown at 7 p.m. in the University Center Theater and are free and open to the public:
- Monday, March 7: “Fresh.”
- Monday, March 14: “Dirt!”
- Wednesday, March 16: “Nourish.”
- Wednesday, March 23: “Tapped.”
UDS also will feature two lunch events in the Food Zoo during March that are examples of plant-based diets, which are proven to reduce the risk of many health problems from diabetes to cancer while reducing a person’s carbon footprint:
- Tuesday, March 15 , 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Meatless Meal.
- Thursday, March 17 , 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Mediterranean Spreads Bar.
More information about the Food Zoo, located in Lommasson Center, is on the UDS website at http://www.life.umt.edu/dining .
UM’s Environmental Studies Program will sponsor two free lectures during Food Literacy Month in Gallagher Business Building Room 106:
- Thursday, March 10: 7:30 p.m., “Food and Thought: Our School at Blair Grocery.”
- Monday, March 21: 7 p.m., “Beyond the World Food Crisis: Ending the Injustices that Cause Hunger.”
For more information about Food Literacy Month events at UM, visit http://life.umt.edu/dining/Nutrition/food_literacy.php or call registered dietitian Rebecca Shern at 406-243-2315.