UV Lab Monitor
The UV Lab Monitor is a student staff member who assists at the University Villages Office and Community Center by providing excellent customer service to UV tenants. Lab Monitors help residents by opening and closing the University Villages Community Center, talking with tenants and providing assistance with general UV questions, assisting with computer-related issues, instructing students on how to use UMoney to print, assisting with table set up and supervision of events scheduled at the Community Center, and assisting in the University Villages Office as needed with filing, sorting, answering phones, and other general office tasks. Please read the UV Lab Monitor Position Description for more information about this position.
Compensation: This position varies in hours per week and pays the state minimum wage of $8.30 per hour.
UV Lab Monitor Application Process
All new Lab Monitor candidates must complete an online Lab Monitor Application to be considered for the position. An online application is posted only when a current position has been vacated and needs to be filled.
Lab Monitor applications will be screened, and interviews will be offered to top candidates based on the number of positions available.
Lab Monitor candidates will be contacted if offered a position, and applications are kept on file for one year. Candidates may contact UM Housing at any time if they have questions.
- 2.25 GPA
- Ability to work variable hours, primarily late evening hours
- Be a full-time student (only during the academic year; not required to take classes during the summer)
- Be in good conduct standing with the University
- Some computer experience or knowledge is required
- Some office experience or knowledge is desired
- Ability to interact with a diverse population of tenants in a professional manner is required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining a high standard of quality and ethics is required
If you have any questions about the application or hiring process, please contact Kareena Bargabos, Office Manager for University Villages, at (406) 243-6030.