Policies - Lewis and Clark Village
In general, students are expected to behave in a considerate and responsible manner, which respects the rights of the University and of any other person who may be affected by their actions. All Lewis and Clark Village tenants are expected to abide by the Student Conduct Code. In addition to the Student Conduct Code, UM Housing has outlined the following policies in our Lewis and Clark Village Handbook for residents living in and visiting Lewis and Clark Village.
The Lewis and Clark Village Office reserves the right to develop other rules and regulations as necessary for the safety, care, and cleanliness of the premises, and for the security, comfort, and convenience of all occupants. Failure of the Lewis and Clark Village Office to enforce any of these policies and regulations shall not be construed as a waiver of terms. They shall remain in full force and effect.
Policy Expectations during the COVID-19 Pandemic
All members of the community must take these expectations seriously and understand their responsibilities. We will take policy violations during this pandemic very seriously. Any action that poses a risk to the health and safety of the community will be considered Disruptive Behavior and could result in student conduct (disciplinary) proceedings which may result in removal from housing. These actions include:
- Common spaces - UM Housing will be arranging furniture to support social distancing. Moving furniture in common areas will be considered a policy violation. In addition, common areas will have a specific capacity limit posted. Noncompliance with capacity limits will be considered a policy violation, regardless of who arrived last.
- Guests and Visitors – You are not be permitted to have guests/visitors in your assigned apartment until at least two weeks after the last resident moves into LCV. Guests/visitors are defined as any individual that is not contracted to the specific apartment. The only exception to this policy is two individuals helping while moving into the residential facilities during your check-in time.
- Masks – In accordance with the State of Montana, the Missoula County Health Department, and the University of Montana, all students, faculty, staff, parents, and visitors are required to wear masks appropriately while they are on campus. Residents do not need to wear masks in their residential apartment, unless expected by other residents of the space.
- Noncompliance with quarantine or isolation directives by medical professionals or Missoula County Health Officials.
- Malicious actions that cause fear or threaten the spread of illness, including standing or walking within six feet of another individual and coughing or sneezing on individuals or objects.
Lewis and Clark Village Rental Agreement
In addition to agreeing to the Lewis and Clark Village policies, the student must sign and agree to the Lewis and Clark Village Rental Agreement when submitting their housing application. Below is the rental agreement: