Summer students are housed in Jesse Hall. The hall is an 11-story high-rise located on the west edge of campus. The L-shaped floors are occupied by approximately 40 students of the same sex, and three elevators provide easy access to all floors. Each floor offers a study lounge, and there is a TV lounge located on the first floor. A laundry room is located in the basement. There is a community kitchen available for students to use on the 11th floor. Jesse Hall is a smoke-free facility.
Summer Housing Applications are available online on the Applications & Forms page.
UM conducts an annual shutdown of the Heating Plant in order to perform necessary maintenance. The annual shutdown is tentatively scheduled for May 4th - 12th, 2019. During this time, hot water will not be available.
Participants staying in Residence Halls are expected to comply with all Residence Hall policies and regulations.
Flat Rate - Taking 6 Credits or More
Students enrolled for 6 semester credits for the summer session will be able to stay in Jesse Hall between May 5-August 16 for a flat rate of $300.00 for a double room or $450.00 for a single room. These rates are only available to students who meet the 6 credit requirement. Individuals who do not complete and pay for the minimum 6 credit requirement will no longer qualify for the Flat Rate. In such cases, the Flat Rate will be reversed, and the nightly rate of $18.00 for a double room or $23.00 for a single room will be assessed.
Nightly Rate - Not Taking Classes or Taking Less Than 6 Credits
Housing is also available in Jesse Hall for current residents who are not planning on enrolling for the summer session at the nightly rate of $19.00 for a double room and $23.00 for a single room.
To make a reservation, please print and return a Summer Housing Application. In order to receive a refund, cancellations must be received in writing 5 days prior to the expected arrival date.
Housing is available in Jesse Hall beginning May 4, 2019, until 9:00 am on August 16, 2019. Summer residents who have submitted a Fall Semester housing application will be required to move to their fall assignment on Saturday, August 10, 2019. Housing is only available after August 10th if a resident is either enrolled in a special Summer Session that ends on August 16th, or if a student is living with us for Fall Semester. Those residents who are enrolled in a Summer Session course and who are not living on campus for Fall Semester will be required to vacate Jesse Hall by 9:00 am on August 16, 2019.
Clean, comfortable, and convenient room furnishings are provided including a standard twin bed, closet, chest or dresser, study table, chair, curtains, and wastebasket. Linen is not provided. The resident is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of their individual room. A resident will be charged at checkout for damage to the room, cleaning charges, lost mailbox keys, lost room access cards, and lost outdoor access cards.
UM provides both wired in-room Internet service as well as a courtesy guest wireless network for campus visitors. The “grizzlyguest” wireless network uses open, unencrypted transmission and is not intended to send or receive sensitive information.
In the Jesse Hall lobby, there is a courtesy phone available for local calls.
Things To Bring
- Linen (for standard twin size bed)
- Mattress pad
- Fan (air conditioning is not provided, so bringing a fan is highly recommended)
- Personal care items
Summer Meal Plan
UM Dining is offering a summer meal plan following the end of the spring semester 2019. The meal plan will be only available to current summer students, faculty and staff of the University of Montana.
- Monday May 6, 2018 through Friday August 16, 2019
- Available only in the Food Zoo Dining Room
- Hosting is limited to one guest per meal.
- Participants can pre-purchase 10 meal blocks for $80 ($8 per meal)
- Ability to purchase begins starting on April 15, 2018
- Any unused meals are forfeited after August 16, 2018
- Available with the UMD To Go Program
- Food Zoo summer hours:
- Breakfast: depending on contract guests (usually open if over 50pp)
- Lunch: 11:00am – 1:30pm Every day Monday - Friday
- Dinner: depending on contract guests (usually open if over 50pp)
- Special concepts will rotate thought the summer to include, pizza, Mongolian grill, grain bowls, pasta, and quesadillas, to name a few.
- What is in for you?
- Delicious, chef-crafted meals made from locally sourced ingredients
- Enjoy the bounty of summer with locally grown fruits and vegetables.
- Dine with fellow students and staff without leaving campus.
Other on-campus food services open during the summer include:
- The Market- Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm
- Jus Chill’ n – UC – 7:30am – 4:30pm M-F
- Pizza Hut 10:30am – 5:00pm M-F
- The Iron Griz - Monday – Sunday 11:00am – 9:00pm