Accessible Navigation. Go to: Navigation Main Content Footer



MYTH: If I am currently a member of a union, can I decide I no longer want to be affiliated with the union and request I become non-union?

FACT: Once your position has been designated as union-affiliated, you may only become a non-union staff employee in two ways:

Your job duties change significantly and you are reclassified. Your "new" position is no longer union-affiliated under one of the above-referenced exclusions; or

The union bargaining representative agrees to exclude your position from the union through negotiations.

Human Resource Services

Emma B. Lommasson Center
Room 252

The University of Montana

Missoula, MT 59812

Phone: 406-243-6766

Fax: 406-243-6095