MYTH: Non-union staff members are entitled to receive the same pay raises as those granted to administrators.
FACT: There are many University employment categories and associated salary parameters:
- Faculty: Salary increases for most UM-M faculty negotiated with the University Teachers' Union.
- Board of Regents Contract Administrators and Contract Professionals; Non-academic, non-staff positions complying with criteria set by the University. Salary increases in accordance with parameters approved by the Board of Regents.
- Letters of Appointment: Non-faculty positions funded 100 percent by grants which otherwise comply with Board of Regents Contract criteria Specified, limited term of employment. Salaries established in accordance with grant provisions.
- Union-affiliated Staff members covered by the State Classification and Pay Plan and whose positions are designated as union-affiliated. Salaries in accordance with the State Pay Plan. (Includes MPEA and Laborers unions in Missoula)
- Non-union Staff members exempt from union affiliation (per above explanations). Salaries in accordance with the State Pay Plan. (Note: Approximately 282 employees at Missoula)
- Craft: Typically affiliated with one of the skilled craft unions. Salaries negotiated with appropriate bargaining units.