Annual Benefits Enrollment
Review ALL the resources in one convenient place to help you make your benefits elections during Annual Benefits Enrollment. You are electing benefits coverages which take
REASONS TO DO ANNUAL BENEFITS ENROLLMENT
1. Review your current benefits to see if allowed changes are needed. You can:
- Switch medical plans (
becauseprovider network changes or costs).
- Switch dental plans (to increase or decrease dental benefits or costs).
- Add or drop optional vision hardware coverage.
- Add or drop dependents from optional vision hardware plan. (Must provide
marriagecertificate, birth certificate or other proof of dependent status if adding).
- Increase or decrease life insurance/AD&D and/or
long termdisability coverages as allowed.
- Add children under age 26 to medical, dental, vision if they are not already on
plan. Must provide birthcertificate or other proof of dependent status.
- Elect medical and/or dependent care FLEX accounts. This must be done each year, this election does not continue from the prior benefit year.
2. Confirm/update personal information on file for yourself and dependents (i.e., address, Social Security Number, date of birth, emergency contact info).
3. Confirm/update beneficiary information for life insurance/AD&D coverages.
4. While in CYBERBEAR, review and/or update Decedents Warrant beneficiary.
REVIEW THE INSTRUCTIONS
These instructions provide a comprehensive step-by-step process to complete Annual Benefits Enrollment successfully. It is important that you start from the beginning and follow each step in the order as they appear. The instructions are designed so that you can manage without assistance. Keep these instructions available so that you can review and follow the process steps while completing your online benefits enrollment.
CHECK THE PROVIDER NETWORKS
- Make sure your medical providers are still in-network.
- 2. For BlueCross Blue Shield use Blue Preferred PPO and search as a Guest.
New Requirement: The MUS Benefits Plan requires proof of dependent status in all cases of an allowed enrollment of that dependent. Example-- Copies of Marriage certificate, birth certificate or
- A spouse cannot be added to medical and dental plans unless there is a qualifying event.
- A spouse can be added to the Vision Hardware coverage.
- Dropping a spouse at Annual Benefits Election is allowed. However, once removed, a spouse will not be reinstated unless there is a qualifying event.
- Dependent children up to age 26 can be added to any coverages at Annual Benefits Election.
- Dropping a dependent child at Annual Benefits Election is allowed. Once removed, the child will not be reinstated until the next Annual Benefits Enrollment event for children, or if there is a qualifying event.
Qualifying Event - A qualifying event is a change in
through Friday, May 18, 2018 at 5:00 PM 2018
Active Employees: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Retirees: 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
When: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Where: University Center Theatre – 3rd Floor