Student Hiring

Hiring Forms

Student Hiring Policies and Procedures
Student Employees Policy | Student Employees Procedure
Student Employment Manual

Hiring Work-Study Students
Work-Study Employment

Student Hiring FAQ

When is an entire Hiring Packet required?
When hiring a Student Employee never before employed by the University.

When is a Hire Card required for Non-Work Study or Work-Study?
A Hire Card for Non-Work Study is only required when the Student Employee is being hired to a position they have not held before or have terminated. A new Work-Study Hire Card is required for the beginning of each academic year and summer session.

What are the hiring procedures for Non-Resident Aliens?
A complete hiring procedures guide can be viewed at Foreign National Resources.

What hiring forms are required for graduate teaching assistants or graduate research assistants?
See Hiring Forms

For information regarding lost or stolen checks, returned checks or re-issuing checks, contact Human Resource Services at 406.243.6766.

Employee Types
Undergraduate & Graduate Student Employees - Graduate research assistants and teaching assistants are governed by policies established by the graduate school. However, please contact Student Payroll Services with all of your payroll related questions or concerns.

Non-Work Study
Non-Work Study student employment differs from the Federal Work-Study Program in that students do not need to qualify on the basis of need and the employing department is responsible for 100 percent of the student's wages. Visit Student Employment for more information.

Work Study
For information regarding work-study awards, balance information and work-study hire cards, contact the Enrollment Services - Financial Aid Office in Griz Central at 406.243.4224.