As a new employee, you are eligible to participate in a variety of outstanding benefit programs. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that includes the following programs. To be eligible an employee must be hired for 6 months or longer and at a FTE of .5 or higher.
- Health: Available options include three comprehensive health plans: Allegiance Traditional & Managed Care, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana, and Pacific Source.
- Dental: You may select from two Delta Dental plans; basic or premium.
- Disability: You are eligible for a long-term disability plan, which is fully paid by the University.
- Reimbursement Accounts: UM offers you two reimbursement accounts: Health Care Reimbursement and Dependent Care Reimbursement. Use pre-tax dollars and save on your expenses.
- Retirement: Even though you just joined as a new employee, it’s important for you to save for your retirement through UM’s retirement plans.
- Life Insurance: Protect your family financially in the event of your death.
- Accident Insurance: Accident insurance covers you in case of death or injury while you’re traveling on University business.
- Tuition Waivers: Take advantage of our excellent education, if you meet the qualifications.
- Paid Time Off: UM offers a generous paid time off plan, which includes vacation time, sick days, and federal holidays.
You will receive your New Employee packet through Campus mail to your department. You will have the opportunity to ask questions at your orientation session.
For additional information, assistance regarding all benefits, or to schedule an appointment, please contact: