Accessible Navigation.

UM International Travel Registry

The UM International Travel Registry allows the University to identify and assist faculty, staff, and students traveling abroad in an emergency. In addition, the Travel Registry helps ensure that travelers have adequate medical and emergency evacuation and repatriation insurance coverage for the duration of their time abroad and provides travelers with helpful information prior to departure.  Therefore, all individuals traveling internationally for UM-related activities are required to register with the Office of International Programs a minimum of 30 days prior to departure. Travelers who do not register may not receive prompt assistance in an emergency situation, and may experience delays in the determination of reimbursement of travel expenses, and/or the denial of academic credit for students.  Thank you for taking the time to register your travel.  

UM-related activities for students include, but are not limited to:  research, internships, practica, study abroad programs, student teaching, UM service, or conferences. To receive UM credit and/or UM financial support for the activities they undertake abroad, students are required to register their travel.

UM-related activities for faculty and staff include, but are not limited to:  business trips, conferences, faculty exchanges, faculty-directed study abroad programs, research, sabbaticals, UM service, or teaching.

You will need your passport number to complete the international travel registration.  Faculty taking one or more students abroad will register the participating students by submitting a completed Student Roster by e-mail to, as part of the international travel registration.

Students at UM-Missoula use their NetID and password to login. Students at Helena College, Montana Tech, and Western will need to create login credentials. An E-mail will be sent to them with the credentials. They will need to login within a day of receiving credentials by clicking general non-login. Faculty/staff at UM-Missoula, Helena College, Montana Tech, and Western use their NetID and password to login.

U.S. Department of State Travel Warnings: UM faculty, staff, and students traveling to countries with U.S. Department of State Travel Warnings for UM-related activities must obtain prior permission for travel by submitting a Risk Management Plan for Travel to Countries with Travel Warnings to the UM International Travel Review Committee as part of their international travel registration. The Risk Management Plan for Travel to Countries with Travel Warnings is available to download to review the requirements prior to registration. The committee shall determine if the travel will be approved and with what, if any, conditions.  Travelers must submit the completed Risk Management Plan by e-mail to at least 30 days prior to departure. If the travel will be approved, travelers will be required to sign an Agreement and Acknowledgement of Risk document. Travelers are advised not to purchase non-refundable tickets prior to travel approval.  The committee consists of representatives from the Office of International Programs and Environmental Health and Risk Management in consultation with the Office of Legal Counsel.

Please click here for detailed information from Curry Health Center on Ebola Virus Disease and MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome).

Register Faculty/Staff International Travel

Register Student International Travel