You will be notified of your acceptance to ELI by email. You will then be sent an acceptance packet via UPS. Here is what your acceptance packet will contain.
This letter states that you have been accepted to the ELI program. You will need this letter to apply for your F-1 student visa and also to enter the country.
This checklist will tell you all of the important things you need to do before coming to ELI. PLEASE READ IT!
ELI offers airport pickups for new students the weekend before ELI starts. If you would like to be picked up at their airport, please fill this form out with your arrival information and send it back to ELI at least two weeks before you plan to arrive. Fill out the Arrival Information Form.
Familiarize yourself with the UM campus before you arrive.
This is the most important document in your acceptance packet. Make sure your name, date of birth, and program start date is correct. You will use this I-20 to apply for an F-1 student visa and to enter the country.
This paper will give you all the information you need on how to pay your SEVIS fee and apply for an F-1 student visa. Visa Fact Sheet
Please fill this application out completely and send it back to ELI. You should complete your housing application as soon as possible as housing on campus is limited. For more information about housing costs, housing pictures and descriptions, visit the Residence Life webpage
All international students must have certain immunizations to study at UM. Take this form to your doctor and ask them to fill it out with your immunization history. Please send this form back to ELI before you arrive. During orientation, you will be taken to the student health clinic on campus to receive any missing immunizations. Please fill out the Pre-Registration Immunization form and send it back to ELI.
*Please note that if you were Conditionally Admitted to UM you will receive an acceptance packet from the university and an email from ELI with all the information you will need.
Once you receive your acceptance packet, follow the next steps listed here:
- Apply for your F-1 student visa.
- Complete and return your housing application to ELI.
- Complete and return your Medical Requirement Form to ELI. The new form looks a little different, but asks the same questions.
- Learn about your health insurance options, and buy health insurance to bring with you to the U.S.
- Buy a plane ticket and fill out the Arrival Information Form if you would like to be picked up from the airport the weekend before ELI.
- If you have questions about any of the things found in your acceptance packet or the next steps, please contact ELI.