Why Study IGS?
Today more than ever university graduates face global competition and must develop skills to operate in regional, international and global settings beyond US borders. If you are ready to take on that challenge, the new International and Global Studies program at The University of Montana, provides an exciting curriculum:
- IGS brings together scholars from diverse disciplines to provide exceptional learning opportunities.
- IGS offers a distinctive two years of language studies.
- IGS combines outstanding courses at UM with unique courses in a foreign country through a study abroad experience.
- IGS allows great flexibility in choosing a regional focus
- IGS lets you design your degree to best fit your personal academic interests and your future professional goals.
- As an IGS student you don't just study a global community; you become a part of it!
The IGS creates an environment for students and scholars at the University of Montana to investigate interrelated processes forming today's increasingly interdependent world.
Furthermore, the IGS encourages the development of in depth knowledge of international and global issues, cutting-edge analytical skills, and trains students to approach issues from various view points to solve problems effectively and efficiently.