Technology Partners is designed to form closer alliances between IT and individual departments on campus. Tech Partners is a strategically managed partnership between local technology support staff and central IT to increase the efficient and effective use of departmental computing resources. There are three categories of Tech Partner members:
- Departments who wish to participate are asked to select a departmental staff member to act as their front line information technology support liaison
- Departmental IT support staff member
- IT staff
Benefits of participating in Tech Partners
- Regularly scheduled meetings where IT will provide information about developments related to technology. Tech Partner members disseminate the information to their department and then convey suggestions or issues of concern back to IT.
- Participation in an online discussion group. Members will receive information about technical issues, training opportunities, meetings and other special events.
- Participation in a phone announcement system, which is used to communicate critical IT-related information to members when other means of communication, such as e-mail and/or web access, are unavailable.
- Participate in Slack conversations with other technologists at UM.
To become a Tech Partner, fill out an application online. Once the application is received your membership will be confirmed.