Office 365 student email transition: phase 2, 12/19/13
On December 19, 2013 beginning at 12:01am, Microsoft will complete the second phase of transitioning UMConnect student email from Live@Edu to Microsoft Office 365. The process is expected to be completed Friday, December 20, 2013. Access to UMConnect should be uninterrupted during the transition process.
What students can expect:
- Fresh look and new features
- Searching for and communicating with fellow classmates will be much easier
- SkyDrive Pro will soon be available through UMConnect as well as Microsoft Office Web Apps (Excel, Word, PowerPoint OneNote)
- Mobile devices: Students may need to reconnect to their UMConnect account once the transition is complete
- Access will continue to be available using the NetID at: http://my.umt.edu
- Students who had SkyDrive files will need to move them from their SkyDrive account to their UMConnect SkyDrive Pro account. IT Central is available for assistance with these steps.
As mentioned previously, this transition involves three phases. We anticipate phase three during Spring semester and will update you then.
Please visit our UMConnect web page for detailed transition information.