Scheduling assistive technology appointments
UM students, who are approved by Disability Services for Students, can receive Assistive Technology demonstration, training, and authorization of usage of AT.
Assistive Technology support is available at IT Accessible Technology Services in Social Sciences Room 120. To schedule an appointment with the Assistive Technology Coordinator, call the IT Central Help Desk at (406) 243-4357. Indicate what kind of computer or tablet you will be bringing to the appointment and the assistive technology you are requesting.
What to do before your meeting
- Know how to log into your UM student email and Cyberbear.
- Know your student ID (790) number.
- Know your student net ID. (ab123456).
For help with UM student email, campus wireless connection, or downloading Read&Write Gold:
- Go to the Student Affairs IT Services Desk in the University Center.
- Go to the IT Central Help Desk in Social Sciences Room 120.
For help with Apple ID.
- Go to Apple Support on Apple ID.
Remember to bring
- Every textbook you want to convert.
- Your computer or tablet (Mac or Windows based only).
Note about your appointment
- Appointments are typically one hour in length.
- The purpose of this appointment is to help you learn:
- how to use the available assistive technologies.
- How to complete and submit the alternative format conversion forms.
- How to download and access alternative formats.
Note where your meeting is located
Your AT meeting will be held in the IT Accessible Techology Services in Social Sciences Room 120.
The image above is the outside view of the Social Sciences Building.
The image above is the IT Central Office's entrance in the Social Sciences Building.