SSL certificates (InCommon)
The University of Montana is a member of an InCommon program that allows for unlimited SSL certificates for domains under University control at no cost to departments.
How to request
Obtaining an InCommon SSL certificate is a 5-step process:
- Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for your server.
- Request an access code from UM SSL administrators. You will receive the access code via email.
- Enroll with InCommon using your access code and email address.
- Approval: After submitting the form you will receive an email stating "AWAITING APPROVAL". Once the request has been approved by one of the SSL Administrators you will receive a second email stating that the request has been approved.
- Issuance: InCommon will issue the certificate and send you a third email stating "Enrollment Successful" this email will contain the download links.
Official UM departments and organizations.