TeamViewer remote support
TeamViewer is a remote assistance software program used by IT Central staff and student technicians to connect to UM faculty, staff and student computers to help troubleshoot and resolve issues. As a security measure, you must give permission through an ID and Password system (explained below) for IT Central personnel to access your computer. Only perform this process when directed to do so by IT Central personnel.
Instructions for using TeamViewer
An IT Central employee or student technician will walk you through the following steps:
- On the right side of the page, click on Download PC or Download Mac.
- Choose Open, Run or click on the file (download process differs depending on browser used).
- If prompted to "allow the following program to make changes," choose Yes.
- An IT Central Remote Support dialog box will display, providing Your ID and Password.
- You will be asked to provide Your ID.
- You will then be asked to provide your Password.
- The IT member will now have the ability to view your computer screen and control your computer.
- Once the issue is resolved, we will disconnect TeamViewer from your machine.
You will not have to uninstall TeamViewer from your computer once your session is complete. The program runs through your user profile, not through any installation.
IT Central help desk
Open Monday-Friday, 8-5
Social Sciences 120
243-HELP or 243-4357