Student Technology at UM
Welcome students to the University of Montana. During your academic career you will have access to technology services that will help you succeed. IT Central provides many of these services as well as technical support. See below for further information.
IT Services and Support
Accounts & Passwords
- The NetID allows students to connect to many network resources at the University of Montana. The NetID format is two letters (first initial, last initial) and six numbers (e.g. "ab123456"). You may find your NetID by going to my.umt.edu
- If you forget your NetID password, or your password expires, you can access the password reset tool by correctly answering the security question which you set up during your first log in.
Computers & Connections
- UM provides a secure wireless network for students, faculty and staff. Use your NetID for access. Connect to the wireless network using WPA2 Enterprise. Visitors can access wireless through UM's guest wireless access.
- Computer labs with dual boot Macs and a variety of software are available for student use. All IT labs have Microsoft Office and internet access. Log in with your NetID.
- Located in the University Center, room 220, the Tech Lounge is a comfortable, tech-friendly collaborative learning and lounging environment for students. Access the technology with your NetID.
- The UM Social Media Directory consists of official UM social media channels. You can search all listings and browse by specific category or media channel.
- Assistive technology for students with disabilities is available in many computer labs and also on loan for the semester. Contact Disability Services for Students for assistance.
- Media and Learning Technologies provides media production, equipment loans, and video conferencing.
- IT Central provides free consulting and troubleshooting services on a variety of software programs and technology tools such as email, Microsoft Office, wireless access and various operating systems.
- SAIT provides free over-the-counter tech support at the SAIT Service Desk in the UC and house calls in the residence halls and Lewis & Clark apartments. We offer a variety of services including anti-virus support and student email configuration. SAIT employs Resident Technology Assistants (RTAs) who provide this student support.
my.umt.edu is a frequently used web page containing links to some of the most commonly used UM services. These links are represented by icons. Below is a quick reference that displays these icons followed by a brief description of the service.
Course Catalog - Search for Academic Programs, learn about your Gen Ed requirements, review past catalogs and more.
Course Search - Quickly search for courses from the latest UM catalog using Course Search. You can use it to locate your class on the first day of the semester or find all courses taught by your favorite instructor.
Academic Planner - Plan course schedules and share them with academic advisors. Advanced search capabilities allow you to find courses that meet general education requirements.
UMOnline/Moodle - UM offers online courses and traditional courses that have online supplements. The learning management system is Moodle, an internet-based system that provides tools necessary to help you engage effectively in your studies.
Cyberbear - A secure self-service web system where you can access your student records, register for classes and more.
UMConnect Student Email - The official email for all University of Montana students. A UMConnect email account and an associated UMontana forwarding address are automatically generated for you. Current UM students also have access to Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, available through their UMConnect email accounts.
MyLabsPlus - A simple way to access your electronic textbook, online homework assignments, practice tests, videos, animations, and more.
Library - Access to UM's library catalog, journals and other resources is available through a remote web access using your NetID.
Need help? Contact us at:
Social Science 120