All telephones on UM system have a 243 prefix.
- On campus : dial four digits, as shown in directory. (243 prefix not needed)
- Locally : dial 9 + 7 digits
- Local calls to Bozeman : dial 9 + 994 + 4 digits
- Toll-free numbers : dial 8 + 1 + 800, 866, 877, 888 + 7 digits
(700 and 900 numbers cannot be dialed from campus telephones.)
- Campus: dial 0
- Local information: dial 8 + 1411
- In-state/out-of-state: dial 8 + 1 + area code + 555-1212
- Off-campus directory assistance: DexOnline.com
Note: Phones with local access only cannot dial directory assistance.
Network long distance
- In-state/out-of-state: dial 8 + 1 + area code + 7 digit number
- International: dial 8 + 011 + country code + city code + number (Class 04 phones only)
- Other long distance calls: follow the instructions on the back of the calling card or prepaid card.
Note: There is no third number billing from campus.
Telephone service desk
Campus operator/directory assistance
On campus: dial 0
Off campus: (406) 243-0211
You can find the online UM Directory here.
Montana relay service
Montana Relay makes it possible to make phone calls between a standard telephone and a text telephone, of the kind used by Montanans who are Deaf, severely hard of hearing, or who have a speech disability. An operator will "translate" between the two different phones, speaking aloud whatever is typed, so the standard phone user can hear it, and typing whatever is said, so the text telephone user can read it.
Dial 9 + 711 to call Montanans who use the above type of assistive devices.
Authorization form for telecommunications & network services
This form should be completed by managers to authorize individuals within the unit who can initiate work orders and make changes to telephone and network billing.