All telephones on UM system have a 243 prefix.
- On campus : dial four digits, as shown in directory. (243 prefix not needed)
- Locally : dial 9 + 7 digits
- Local calls to Bozeman : dial 9 + 994 + 4 digits
- Toll-free numbers : dial 8 + 1 + 800, 866, 877, 888 + 7 digits
(700 and 900 numbers cannot be dialed from campus telephones.)
- Campus: dial 0
- Local information: dial 8 + 1411
- In-state/out-of-state: dial 8 + 1 + area code + 555-1212
- Off-campus directory assistance: DexOnline.com
Note: Phones with local access only cannot dial directory assistance.
Network long distance
- In-state/out-of-state: dial 8 + 1 + area code + 7 digit number
- International: dial 8 + 011 + country code + city code + number (Class 04 phones only)
- Other long distance calls: follow the instructions on the back of the calling card or prepaid card.
Note: There is no third number billing from campus.
Telephone service desk
Campus operator/directory assistance
On campus: dial 0
Off campus: (406) 243-0211
(406) 243-2243 or (406) 243-5136, voice mail
Authorization form for telecommunications & network services
This form should be completed by managers to authorize individuals within the unit who can initiate work orders and make changes to telephone and network billing.