Voice mail instructions (CallPilot)
Logging into your mailbox
- Dial the CallPilot Messaging access number, 6245, or press the messaging key.
- Enter your mailbox number, then press #. If you are at your own telephone, just press #.
- Enter your password, then press #. (If you have a new mailbox, your default password will be 1 + your 4 digit phone number. At this point you will be required to change your password to something different that is at least 5 digits long. The system will walk you through the steps of changing your password. When you are asked to enter your "old" password, enter the temporary default password.)
Playing your messages
- When you log in to your mailbox, you are at your first new message.
- Press 2 to play the current message.
- Press 6 to go to the next message or press 4 to go to the previous message.
- To disconnect, press 83.
- While playing a message:
- To skip back 5 seconds, press 1. To skip forward 5 seconds, press 3.
- To play the message slower, press 21. To play it faster, press 23.
- To play the message softer, press 24. To play it louder, press 26.
- To pause, press #. To continue, press 2.
Deleting and restoring messages
Before, during, or after playing a message, press 76 to delete it. To restore a deleted message, return to the message during the same session and press 76. ** Once a message has been listened to, the system will automatically delete it after seven days.** To save a message that has been listened to and remove it from the seven day delete queue, forward the message back to your own mailbox (see Responding to messages) and do not listen to it until you are ready to.
Responding to messages
Before, during, or after playing a message:
- Contact Sender: To contact the sender, press 9. Speak to the person or leave a message, then hang up.
- Reply: To reply to a message, press 71, record a reply then press 79 to send it.
- Reply all: To reply to the sender and all recipients of a message, press 74, record a reply, then press 79 to send it.
- Forward: To forward a message, press 73. Address the message, then press 79 to send it. You can record an introduction before sending the message.
- To play the message envelope, press 72. To record a reply or introduction, see Composing messages below.
To compose a message, you address it record a message, then send it. You can address a message to mailbox numbers and spelled names.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 75.
- Enter the first address, then press # . You can enter more addresses followed by #. (To cancel an address, press 0#.)
- When you have finished, press # again.
- Press 5. At the tone, record your message, then press #. (To play the message, press 2. To add options, press 70 , then choose Urgent 1 , Private 4 , Acknowledge 5 , and Timed delivery6).
- Press 79 to send the message.
When addressing a message, you can enter the address by spelling the person's name.
- At the address prompt, enter the Name Dialing prefix, 11 or *.
- Spell the last name, then the first name.
You can send a message to another mailbox without logging in to your own mailbox.
- Dial the Express Messaging number, 3940.
- Enter the mailbox number of the person for whom you are leaving the message, then press #.
- At the tone, record your message, then hang up.
Recording greetings and name
You can record external, internal, and temporary greetings. Callers from outside the University hear your external greeting, callers within the University hear your internal greeting. If you don't record an internal greeting, all callers hear your external greeting. All callers hear your temporary greeting if you record one. Your recorded name (Personal Verification) is used in your greetings, addressed messages, Express Messaging, and Name Dialing.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 82.
- Press 1 for External Greeting, 2 for Internal Greeting 3 for Temporary Greeting or 9 for Personal Verification.
- Press 5 to record. Wait for the tone, then record your greeting or name.
- Press # to end your recording. (To review your recording, press 2 . To delete a greeting, press 76.
- Press 4 to return to your messages.
When you record a temporary greeting, tell your callers the times or dates of your absence, and when you will retrieve your messages. You can set the month, day, and time for the greeting to expire. If you don't set an expiry date, the temporary greeting will stay in effect until you delete it.
Assigning a custom operator number
In your greeting, you can offer your callers the option of leaving a message or speaking to one of your assistants or colleagues. Tell callers to press zero if they wish to speak to this person in your absence.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 80 for Mailbox Options, then 1 to review the current custom operator number.
- Enter a new custom 4 digit campus phone number.
You can temporarily prevent your callers from leaving messages in your mailbox. As a courtesy to your callers, you should record a temporary greeting that provides details of your absence and tells callers what to do.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 80 for mailbox options, then 7 for Block Messages.
- Turn message blocking on or off. To turn it on all the time, press 1. To turn it off, press 2. To block your messages only when a temporary greeting is in effect, press 3.
- Decide how to handle callers. To allow callers to speak to the custom operator you assigned, press 1. To have callers disconnected after your greeting, press 2.
You can create up to 99 personal distribution lists, and record a name to identify each list. Each personal distribution list can contain up to 200 entries.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 85 for CallPilot Tools, then 5 for Distribution Lists. (To play a summary of all your lists, press *.)
- Enter a number from 1 to 99, then press #.
- Press 9 if you want to record a name to help you identify this list in the future. At the prompt, press 5, record the list name, then press #.
- Press 5 to start entering addresses into the list.
- Enter the first address, then press # in the same way you address a message.
- Continue to enter addresses, pressing # after each one. (To cancel the last number you entered, press 0#.
- When the list is complete, press #.
- Press 4 to return to your messages.