VPN Mac installation steps
Click on the icon, then select Disconnect from the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
*Must have version 10.4 or newer for this client to work.
1. Open your browser
2. In the address bar, enter: https://evpn1.umt.edu
3. Next to USERNAME, enter your NetID. Next to PASSWORD, enter your password.
4. The screen below will indicate that install the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
5. Click on the Inactive Plug-in link. (This may not show if Java is already installed or if you are not using the Safari browser.)
6. You will be prompted to accept the certificate. The certificate is valid (if you click on Show Certificate, you will see its validity). Click Trust.
7. Next, you will have to allow the Java applet access to your computer. This will allow the Cisco AnyConnect client to be automatically downloaded and installed on your Mac.) Check "Always trust content from this publisher." Then click Run.
8. The download and installation may take a few minutes.
9. Once the download and installation have finished, you will be automatically connected to the VPN. You may see "VPN connection establishment failed." However, you are connected to the VPN as shown in your icon tray (upper right - see #10).
10. Once you are connected, an icon for AnyConnect will be on the icon tray (top right).