On average, students who graduate from our MPA Program have a starting salary of $56,000. Seventy-seven percent of our graduates, who do not have employment while pursuing their degree, are employed within 6 months upon graduation. Notable alumni, include, but not limited to:
- Jen Zellmer-Cuersema, UM Athletics Advisor
- Shyra Scott, Missoula County Clerk & Recording
- Anne Hughes, Missoula County Communications Director
- Dayna Swanson, Office of Senator Tester
- Holly Luck, Office of Senators Melcher, Baucus, and Walsh
- Tim Fox, Montana Attorney General
- Eldena Bear Don’t Walk, tribal judge, first female Chief Justice of the Crow Tribe
- Debra DuMontier, Office of Special Trustee for American Indians
- Deena Mansour, Executive Director of the Mansfield Center
- Jesse Mahugh, Executive Director of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flathead County
- Aubrie Lyons, Director of Montana World Affairs Council
- Mike Halligan, Executive Director of the Dennis & Phyllis Washington Foundation
Below are jobs and internships available for MPA students. Please review this portion of our website regularly because it is updated often.
PublicServiceCareers.org is a widely used website for finding jobs and career advice for public service and public affairs students and professionals.
- Director of S.E.A. Change at University of Montana (Missoula, MT) Inaugural director position will set strategic direction, defines goals, identifies key metrics, and provides both high-level oversight and on-the-ground development for all aspects of the S.E.A. Change Initiative, including employee- and student-facing efforts. Full-time with benefits, $50-$60k. Deadline to apply is 2-18-20.
- Policy Analyst for Idaho Voices for Children (pdf) (Boise, ID) The Analyst will anchor the Idaho Center for Fiscal Policy and Idaho Voices for Children's policy research and analysis capacity and contribute to a variety of policy areas. The Analyst will produce timely, accessible, and reliable research and analysis primarily on state tax and budget policy. Full time with benefits, $19.87 to $26.50/hour. Deadline to apply is 2-17-20.
- Development Director for Montana Audubon (Helena, MT) Full-time staff whose primary responsibility is to coordinate all fund development activities, working with the Executive Director and the Development Committee to promote a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization. Salary commensurate with experience, benefits include vacation, simple IRA w/match, & health insurance. Open until filled.
- Landlord Liaison for Homeword (Missoula, MT) Responsible for leading community-wide efforts to effectively market Missoula rental support programs to new and existing landlords and property managers with the goal of expanding the number of homes available to households with barriers impeding access to finding a home they can afford. Full-time with benefits, $17/hour. Open until filled.
- Policy & Accreditation Support Specialist for Western Montana Mental Health Center (pdf) (Missoula, MT) This position is responsible for developing, maintaining, managing, coordinating, and supporting the accreditation, licensing, and policy and procedure functions.
- Boys & Girls Club of Missoula County