- Ph.D., University of California, Davis, Chinese History, 1980
- M.A., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1972
- B.A., St. Lawrence University, 1970
- Associate Director of International Programs, University of Kansas, 1991-1998
- Director of Asian Affairs Center and Missouri International Training Center, University of Missouri, 1998-2003
Proficient in Chinese; worked as political officer at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing; worked as a Chinese political and economic analyst for the Foreign Broadcast Information Service in Washington, DC.; Academic interests include Chinese political economy, business, and U.S.-China relations.
Phone: (406) 243-2281
Fax: (406) 243-2181