UM Opera Theater Audition
Welcome to the webpage for the University of Montana Opera Theater auditions!
Auditions will be held Wednesday August 28 in room 105 from 3 until about 5:15 (There will be additional singing slots on Friday Aug 30 if needed.)
- Please sing a memorized classical song or aria less than 4 minutes in length.
- Bring music for the accompanist.
- If you have a piece from the Baroque era this would be helpful, but not necessary – it’s more important that you sound your best.
- There will be a dance element to the audition, starting at about 4pm on Wednesday. Please dress in something that you can move in comfortably.
Be prepared to list schedule conflicts for the following times:
- Fall Semester: M W F, 3-5pm
- January 18-27, 2014
- February 8-9 2014
- February 10-15, 2014 (evenings)
- February 16, 2014 (afternoon & evening)
Our show for the fall is written especially for you: We are so excited to work with you on this unique creation!
The Legend of Orpheus is a Baroque pastiche: We have taken beautiful music from the 17th and 18th centuries and linked it together, with a new text, to tell the story of Orpheus. We will be joined in this project by choreographer Joy French of UM’s School of Theater and Dance, and there will be about six dancers in our cast as well. (There will be times in the show when everyone dances and moves, and feature moments for the dancers as well.)
We will rehearse this show in the fall during opera theater time (MWF 3:10-5), and performances will be at MCT February 13-16.
Feb 8-13 will be tech / dress rehearsals.
You will be asked to come back a bit early from Christmas break and be ready to start rehearsing on Jan 18.