UM Symphony Orchestra
Symphony Orchestra auditions will be held in Dr. Millán's office (Music Building 113). You may sign up for a time beginning on August 20. The sign-up sheet will be posted outside Dr. Millán's door
Audition will Include
- Excerpts (available for download on this page)
- Solo work(s) of your choice (2-3 minutes without accompanist)
Suggestions for a Successful Audition
- Be prepared.
- Warm-up before the audition.
- Listen to a recording of the excerpts to learn tempo, style, and how your part fits in. Complete parts and scores are available at imslp.org
- Clean and accurate playing is always preferred over uncontrelled fast playing.
- The audition is a performance; if something goes wrong, just keep playing.
- Take a moment to look at the sight-reading before starting.
- Percussionists: Auditions for orchestra and wind ensemble will be combined.
Orshestra and Symphonic Wind Ensemble have different excertps this year with the exception of Percussion.
If you have any questions, please feel free to write to Dr. Millán at: firstname.lastname@example.org