Submitting a Recital Program
Health & Safety
UM Academic Calendar
Facilities Rental Form
Concert Band Festival
University of Montana
35th Annual Concert Band Festival
February 27-28, 2017
- Stimulating and enriching in an educational atmosphere.
- Get feedback from some of the profession's top educators.
- Over 100 bands from 50 schools from 4 states hosted since 2000.
- Over 90% of the schools come back the next year!
- 30-minute performance block in the 1,100 seat Dennison Theatre. UM Faculty clinicians will provide written comments.
- 30-minute clinic block with guest clinicians after your performance.
- 60-minute clinic from guest artist presented at 12:00 p.m. Monday & Tuesday.
- 45-minute performance by UM Symphonic Wind Ensemble featuring the guest artist in the Dennison Theatre at 1:00 p.m. Monday & Tuesday.
- First come, first served basis up to 24 bands.
Applications and payments must be received by February 20, 2017
Registration Fee: $225 for one ensemble and $400 for two ensembles
Invoices will be provided to each school upon registration
- Verification of acceptance and more information will be forthcoming
- Festival Application. Apply Here
Clinics and Performances for Participants!
International trumpet soloist – Performed in every state and over 40 countries.
Equally comfortable in classical and jazz, Vizzutti has performed with big bands, symphony orchestras and wind bands across the globe.
As a recording artist he has performed on dozens of movie soundtracks and solo albums.
Mr. Vizzutti is also a successful composer and teacher.
Missoula native – Eastman trained.
Individual Sessions with your Band!
Dr. Troy Bennefield
- Associate Director of Bands, Washington State University
- Former Associate Director, University of Houston
- High School director in suburban Atlanta, GA
- Nationwide guest clinician in repertoire, marching band, and percussion
- DMA – University of Oklahoma
Ms. Mariko Lane
- Band Director – Einstein Middle School, Shoreline, WA
- Former Director of Bands for nine years at Juanita High School, Kirkland, WA
- MM – Seattle Pacific University, BME – Central Washington University
- Clarinetist – Member of Seattle Wind Symphony, Washington Wind Symphony, and South Sound Symphonic Band.
Providing written Comments on your performance!
Prof. Maggie Schuberg – Woodwind Comments
Dr. Robert LedBetter – Brass/Percussion Comments