Built in 1953, this red brick building's shape is uniquely and fittingly a grand piano, and the west side's louvered walls, made of Indiana limestone, resemble piano keys. Located north of the Fine Arts Building, the Music Building houses the College of Visual and Performing Arts School of Music.
Music Recital Hall
The Music Recital Hall in the Music Building has a capacity of 400, which includes balcony seating. The facilities offer a Steinway grand piano, and concert organ. In addition, the recital has a sound system, recording capabilities, internet connection, a theatre sized projection screen and projector for multimedia performances and presentations.