Steps Before Orientation - Missoula College
Register for Orientation
Log into your UMConnect Student Email account, and check it regularly. UMConnect serves as the official means of communication between students and the University of Montana, including information about registration, tuition and fees notifications, urgent announcements, notices from President Engstrom and the UM administration. This is a very important step, as we will send you multiple significant emails throughout the pre-Orientation process. If you prefer to forward this email to your personal account, you have that option, as well. View instructions on how to forward your UMConnect email.
To log into your UMConnect account, you will need to use your NetID, which you can find by clicking the "What's my NetID" link below the login. Your initial password will be the last six digits of your Student ID Number (begins with 790, and located on your acceptance letter).
Before you can register for classes you need to verify that there are no holds on your student account. To check your hold status:
- Log into your CyberBear account, using your NetID as your username. You can find your NetID using the online NetID lookup tool. If you have never logged in with your NetID, your initial password is the last six digits of your UM ID number (begins with 790).
- If you experience NetID login problems please contact the IT Central Help Desk at (406) 243-HELP (x4357) Mon - Fri 8 am - 5 pm MST.
- Next, click on the top link that says "Student Services" followed by "Student Records" and then "View Holds".
The most common student account hold is a Health Hold. If you have a Health Hold the Curry Health Center needs a completed Medical Requirement Form as well as verifiable documentations of your immunizations. You can also submit this information online by following these instructions. If you have any questions please contact the Curry Health Center directly at email@example.com or (406) 243-4330.
Math Placement Scores
- If you have not taken college level math, ALEKS Math Placement Test is required for all new students at The University of Montana. Please visit www.ALEKS.com_signup to complete the test.
- ALEKS Math Test is free and it is online. Once you are admitted, use your student ID number on your admission letter to complete the test. Placement tests are used to see where you are comfortable starting.
- Use course code: K4VET-DGGQ3. Test scores are sent to Missoula College automatically.
Writing Placement Scores
- Required from ACT, SAT, COMPASS E-Write, MUSWA or college level writing course. Students must sign up online for the Compass eWrite test by visiting http://mc-um.mc.umt.edu/registration/ewrite/.
- Register for the compass eWrite using your student ID number. Students that submit official transcripts and have taken an equivalent college level writing course are not required to complete Compass eWrite. Compass eWrite costs $15 and can be paid the day of the test at the cashier window.
My Academics - Available after March 9
All Missoula College students who are starting Fall semester are required to complete the specific tasks listed in their personalized My Academics online portal prior to attending Orientation.
General AA students who complete all My Academics tasks by the deadline posted may be preregistered for some courses prior to Orientation.
Students in all other programs at Missoula College, including Health Professions, Applied Computing & Electronics, Industrial Technology, and Business Technology, should complete their My Academics tasks so they will be ready to register for courses after meeting with their advisor at orientation.
Griz Card Online Photo Submission - Coming soon
We will post a link soon for you to upload a photo for your Griz Card, which is your UM ID. Get ready to smile!