Text passion220 to 555888
Build Your Brand and Network Course
This online course shows women how to build authentic, strategic relationships in order to build a powerful network. A powerful network leads to specific benefits like:
- Better connections to future career opportunities for those looking for a job or a change in careers (it's who you know- right?!).
- Quality connections to advisors, mentors, and funders for those looking to pursue a nonprofit or business idea.
- Mentor connections that develop organically and often.
- Less wasted time on events and people you dislike. The right amount of time for events and people you like.
Open to UM students and Non-UM students. Register below.
This course provides:
- Concepts to de-smarm the myths of networking and what networking is- are you a one-on-one relationship builder or a life-of-the-party relationship builder?
- Assistance to you in building authentic, relationships for strategic, powerful networking that can influence your career or self-employment trajectory.
- Identify the right people with whom to spend your precious time.
- Help for you to consider your personal brand in terms of your own business or your career. This is both in how you talk to others, but also considers your digital presence.
- Opportunities to build relationships with like-minded women through digital cohorts.
- Flexible online delivery: Work is done on your own time, online, with deadlines. Optional, virtual labs one-two times per week in a lab where you can ask questions and connect with classmates.
- Online: work is done independently and autonomously to meet deadlines
- Starts Feb. 24 Ends May 8, 2020: accelerated, eight-week delivery
- Optional Tuesday evening lab from 5:30-7:30 PM for questions, occasional guest speakers, and virtual relationship building with classmates (can also watch recordings of live sessions on your own time)
- Spots Available: 100 (first-come, first-served)
- For students with children who may benefit from a childcare stipend for class time, please contact the program director.