Assessment is an integral part of the management of resources at the University of Montana. The University informs its planning and budget processes and ensures accountability through institutional assessment and programmatic assessment.
Each year, the University of Montana publishes an Institutional Assessment Report. A mix of qualitative and quantitative indicators, the Institutional Assessment Report measures achievement of our strategic initiatives and progress toward institutional goals.
University of Montana Accreditation
The University's Assessment work is tied closely to our accreditation by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities.
Institutional Data Reporting
For the purposes of comparison and assessment, the University Data Office continually compares institutional data with national benchmarks.
National Survey of Student Engagement
Every few years, UM participates in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE).
- NSSE 2016
- NSSE 2013
- One page summary of UM NSSE Results (2013)
- Differences in Engagement between first-year and senior students (2013)
- NSSE Results: Student Peer Interactions and Diversity on Campus (2013)
- NSSE 2009
- National Survey of Student Engagement: Benchmark Comparisons 2009
- National Survey of Student Engagement: Student Experience in Brief 2009
- Project InnC Assessment of students' innovation capacity 2016
- ASUM Sustainability Report Card
- Student Affairs Assessment