The University Budget Committee
ChargeEvery Biennium the first priority of the University Budget Committee is the development of budget planning and alignment of its priorities to support the UM 2020 Strategic Plan and each respective Biennial Priorities list. In doing such, the Budget committee will review
- Legislative and MUS economic and financial projections,
- The Governor’s executive budget proposal,
- The UM Annual and Biennial budget models, and
- Current Enrollment, Revenue, and Expense Projections.
The committee will then evaluate
- Sector budget reports,
- New initiative proposals, and
- Requests for current year budget adjustments.
- Making recommendations to the President and the Council of Vice Presidents regarding current year budget adjustments, or OTO allocations from Contingency,
- Making recommendations for base budget changes, reallocations, or new initiatives.
The committee will coordinate the continued refinement of the 2014/2015 biennial budget model, and prepare for the upcoming 2016/2017 biennial budget model. The UBC will begin finalizing its recommendations for the 2016/2017 biennial budget model after the 2015 Montana legislative session and the setting of tuition rates will continue at the following Board of Regents meeting. These recommendations will be reviewed by the Council of Vice Presidents and forwarded to the President for approval in time for the 30 June implementation of each operating budget.
Rosi Keller, Vice President for Administration and Finance
- Cathy Cole, Vice President for Enrollment and Strategic Communications
- Scott Whittenburg, Vice President for Research
- Adrea Lawrence, Interim Dean, College of Education and Human Sciences
- Tom DeLuca, Dean, College of Forestry and Conservation
Budget Directors (rotating out):
- Stacey Eve, Budget Director
- Michelle Jensen, Budget Director, Student Affairs
- Hillary Stowell, Director of Academic Fiscal Affairs
Matt Semanoff, Faculty Senate Chair
- Annie Burgad, Staff Senate Finance Officer, Senior Systems Analyst, EIS
- Michelle Tolzien, Assistant Director, University Center
- Jeff Bookwalter, Professor, Economics
- Alex Butler, ASUM President
- Andria Schafer, ASUM Business Manager
FAM (Finance Academic Mangers):
- Hannah Singleton, Fiscal Operations and Personnel Services, College of Visual and Performing Arts
Dawn Ressel, Associate Vice President, University Data Office: Institutional Research