The University Budget Committee
Every Biennium the first priority of the University Budget Committee is the development of budget planning and alignment of its priorities to support the UM 2020 Strategic Plan and each respective Biennial Priorities list. In doing such, the Budget committee will review
- Legislative and MUS economic and financial projections,
- The Governor’s executive budget proposal,
- The UM 2012/2013 Biennial budget model, and
- Current Enrollment, Revenue, and Expense Projections.
From this review, the committee will identify and suggest any needed base adjustments to the budget model, prior to consideration of new budget initiatives or strategic reallocations.
The committee will then evaluate
- Sector budget reports,
- New initiative proposals, and
- Requests for current year budget adjustments.
Based on this evaluation, the committee will advise
- Making recommendations to the President and the Council of Vice Presidents regarding current year budget adjustments, or OTO allocations from Contingency,
- Making recommendations for base budget changes, reallocations, or new initiatives.
The committee will coordinate the continued refinement of the 2012/2013 biennial budget model, and prepare for the upcoming 2014/2015 biennial budget model. The UBC will begin finalizing its recommendations for the 2014/2015 biennial budget model after the 2013 Montana legislative session and the setting of tuition rates will continue at the following Board of Regents meeting. These recommendations will be reviewed by the Council of Vice Presidents and forwarded to the President for approval in time for the 30 June implementation of each operating budget.
Michael Reid, Vice President for Administration and Finance
- Teresa Branch, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Perry Brown, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Peggy Kuhr, Vice President for Integrated Communications
- Matt Riley, Chief Information Officer
- Kent Haslam, Director, Intercollegiate Athletics
- Larry Gianchetta, Dean, School of Business Administration
- Ed Wingard, Budget Director, Office of Planning and Budget Analysis
- Rosi Keller, Associate Vice President for Administration and Finance
- Michelle Jensen, Budget Director, Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Sheila Hoffland, Budgets and Operations Director, Office of the Vice President for Research and Development
- Tim Edwards, Accounting Associate, College of Health Professions and Biomedical Sciences
- Liz Putnam, Chair, Faculty Senate
- Lisa Coon, Treasurer, Staff Senate
- Jim Hirstein, Treasurer, University Faculty Association
- Mariah Williams, Vice President, ASUM
- Garrett Bryant, Graduate Assistant
Dawn Ressel, Associate Vice President for Planning, Budgeting, and Analysis
University Budgeting Committee Timeline
The University is in its first year under the new NWCCU accreditation standards (requiring reporting of the University's Mission and Core Themes) and is preparing to enter a new biennium. Please follow the link for the University Budgeting Committee timeline.